Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/tomica/aeonkings.com/phpbb3/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tomica/aeonkings.com/phpbb3/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tomica/aeonkings.com/phpbb3/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tomica/aeonkings.com/phpbb3/includes/bbcode.php on line 368

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tomica/aeonkings.com/phpbb3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/tomica/aeonkings.com/phpbb3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3546: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3550: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
phpBB3 styles by The Aeon Kings Alliance • View topic - Afrika comments / suggestions
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:10 am
Donate towards my web hosting bill!  aeon50 50$ off on yearly based web hosting  Locations of visitors to this page

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Afrika comments / suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:56 pm 
jr. newbie
jr. newbie

LOL ok....

A few things.. (no offense please..)
1. Too much orange. the color is way too distracting. its ok to have for the top bar thats dividing out the header from the rest of the page.. but you shoudl use a darker color of it in the lower areas of teh page.
2. there isnt any obvious division between the posts.
3. its hard to read as, mostly the color makes everthing seem cluttered (worse)
4. its not obvious to me where the form action buttons are
5. I think this theme has a lot of work to be done on it.

you wanted it.. there you go ! LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Afrika comments / suggestions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

as for orange that will be customized to user needs i choosed orange for this forum

2. what u mean division betwen post. give me screen

3. any particular color or overall? give me screen

4 what u mean by that what form action buttons? give me screen

5 it has some tweaks to do but overall i think it is fine it is all matter of point of view and perception :grin:

u can attach screen in post

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:59 pm 
jr. newbie
jr. newbie

hum... interesting...
this looks WAY different on this computer than it did at work

ok.. a couple simular but slightly different comments...

1. Still too many fonts the same color... everthing seems to be just running together. bascailly not giving it a smooth easy look and feel. please do note though the shade of that orange is one of my favorite colors.
2. yoru title is black.. not good on a barely lighter background along with some text on your forums is also black.

i do see the post divisions so never mind that.

Text that isnt important to the purpose of the page should be dimmed down. IE the options area showing bbcode on etc.. shouldnt be as bright as the text of the post.. it really distracts from the rest of the page. along with area descriptions "Message Body: Enter your message....". again too bright. options for the post should also be dimmed.. "Disable bbcode" " disable smiles etc "

oh.. and your name is still black... you going to need to come up with a different color scheme for yoru groups!! Black, and green do NOT go with orange in that manner! OMG i just saw the font colors for displaying code... that needs some work as well.

woudl u mind emailing me the graphics for this theme? :) remsikt@gmail.com i would greatly appreciate it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ok

can u post me few screen shoots of colors u think are wrong

my nme is still black as admin group is black

i may mail u this theme images but u will need to use that link above "HOSTING DONATIONS" ;)

this is supporter style sorry but i have to do something for those few ppl that are generous enough to give me their money just because they like what i do :P

now i did some css tweaking is this better?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:42 am 
jr. newbie
jr. newbie

Quote:
i may mail u this theme images but u will need to use that link above "HOSTING DONATIONS"

oh.. i didnt tell you that my consuliting isnt free LOL Just kidding..

Terry.. i have attached a screen shot in IE6 er.. well i was going to.. but bmp is not allowed... :(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stripeman wrote:
Quote:
i may mail u this theme images but u will need to use that link above "HOSTING DONATIONS"

oh.. i didnt tell you that my consuliting isnt free LOL Just kidding..

Terry.. i have attached a screen shot in IE6 er.. well i was going to.. but bmp is not allowed... :(

bmp not allowed ?!?! will check it now

it is now

btw can u tell me is this style rendering ok in IE or also not good

index.php?style=3

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:40 pm 
jr. newbie
jr. newbie

Thanks!
here is the screenie!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

is this style rendering correctly

index.php?style=3

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:38 am 
jr. newbie
jr. newbie

Yes it is...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ok then do like this

use this pngfix script

Attachment:
pngfix.zip

add it in your styles folder

Attachment:
pngfix.png

then open overall_header.html

find

Code:
</head>

replace with

Code:
<!--[if gte IE 6]><![if lt IE 7]><script type="text/javascript" src="styles/pngfix.js"></script><![endif]><![endif]-->
</head>

and now check if afrika is rendering as it should

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail